About Me

My photo
Ontario, Ca
Shane and I just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary in August! We have a 6 year old son, Josiah, a 3 1/2 year old daughter, Meghan and an 8 month old daughter, Aubrey. Our relationship with God drives how we live. We are so thankful for all He provides for us & continues to grow in us daily.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What God is teaching me...

Life has been hard the past few months. A couple months back, Shane got a pay decrease at his full-time job. Though this was hard, we knew that by cutting back in our budget, we would be ok. Then about a month ago, he lost his part-time job. My first reaction: Fear. I thought, "What are we supposed to do now?" I ran all the worst case scenerios in my head of what life is now going to look like...'How are we supposed to make it?"..."Where are we going to have to move to?", etc. When life throws a curve ball, your thoughts are the first to go downhill. Thankfully, the fear didn't last long!... What has helped take away this fear? God! As I dug into His word, The Bible, I was reminded of His complete love for me...and His promise to take care of me... *Matthew 6:24-33. Talks about how God takes care of the birds...how much more does He love me? I do not have to worry that He won't take care of me! *Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." *Psalm 56:3 "When I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid." *Psalm 25:3 "No one whose hope is in You will eve be put to shame." *Psalm 26:3 "For Your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in Your truth." *Psalm 10:17 "You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; You encourage them & You listen to their cry." *2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 "May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself & God our Father, who loved us & by His grace gave us eternal encouragment & good hope, encourage your hearts & strengthen you in every good deed & word." The emotion I've been feeling the most lately: Sadness. I am really sad that Shane lost his part-time job. It was one he had for 4 years & enjoyed watching him in that role. Of course it is natural to be sad & perfectly fine! But, I also have to move towards being okay & trusting God to help us through it. God has reminded me that He has a perfect plan for our lives and it might not line up with the plan We thought was perfect for us. A fear that can creep up about God's plan: What if it's not a plan that I like? In reality, that may happen. But He created us, He knows what's best for us & will do only what is best for us. He will not rip us off, He will provide enormous blessing to His children! I can be confident in that! So, what to do now? I have a choice. I either complain & live in fear of the unknown, or I choose to trust God and Pray!!! *1 Thessalonians. 5:16-18 "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." *Ephesians 6:18 "And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers & requests. With this in mind, be alert & always keep on praying for all the saints." It does not mean that all my fear & sadness are gone & will never come back. There are going to be days when I feel those creeping back into my mind & heart. But I have God's word to hold onto & remind me that I can trust in the God of the universe who Created Me and loves me so much. Because I am His child, He will provide! So, Shane and I will continue to pray. Looking back over our marriage & the life God has given us, we have seen His hand work in His perfect timing. There have been many times where we haven't understood why situtations were happening or why it was taking so long, but God was faithful! Through it, we've learned to trust Him more & handle things the way He wants us to. This is just one more way we can say to God, "I trust You!" I know You love us & will take care of us. Thank You, God for being loving & faithful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!
Praying for you guys!

Unknown said...

What you are learning reminded me of John 8:31-32 "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." There really is freedom from fear as you think and live according to God's truth. Thank you for sharing what God is teaching you. You encourage me. Love you. (I have never commented on a blog before-hopefully I am doing it right)

one step ahead but just barely said...

I am encouraged by your heart Cindi! I am and will continue to pray for you and Shane. I love you guys more than you know! (this is Melissa by the way :)