About Me

My photo
Ontario, Ca
Shane and I just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary in August! We have a 6 year old son, Josiah, a 3 1/2 year old daughter, Meghan and an 8 month old daughter, Aubrey. Our relationship with God drives how we live. We are so thankful for all He provides for us & continues to grow in us daily.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sleep...or the lack of...

I do not react well when my kids wake up early (in the morning, or from naps). Something about feeling like I 'deserve' more sleep, or more time alone :). Shane reminded me this morning that they don't do it on purpose. They don't know it's early & are certainly not doing it to irritate me. I really have to watch my attitude when it happens, though. I get so frustrated & feel ripped off. What is true: They are watching how I respond to them, especially Josiah. He knows that God wants him to make the right choice. He knows that God wants him to be kind to others & treat them with love. So, when I react wrong to him, it is not a good example. I want to respond the way God wants me too! More than anything, I want them to see the kindness & love God shows me, through the way I relate to them. Oh boy, is it hard at 5:45 in the morning to just be ok with getting up for the day & entertaining a 9 month old. What to do with her at that time...I have no idea :). But, the more important thing is how I treat her. I can't get frustrated with her when she has not done anything wrong. The heart issue: I want what I want! But if I can't choose the right response in a little circumstance, such as being woken up when I don't want to be, then how am I going to respond in a real issue that happens that I don't like? I should respond right! So, ideas for what to do when the baby won't go back to sleep that early? *First and foremost for me: Pray for the right attitude...for God to be pleased by the response I've chosen. *Read scripture *Read a book *Watch a movie Any other ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo Cindi- I can relate!!! Thank you for reminding me to strive to please God with my reactions to my children. When I am in a hurry and Josiah doesn't get in his seat, I get so frustrated with him--- and I notice him doing the same thing with his toys when he can't fix something-- they are watching & learning how to respond to different situations... Help me Lord!

I'm sorry friend, I don't know what to do at 5:45... I put Ava in bed with me & let her nurse herself back to sleep... and sleep with me :/

Marcella said...

Thank you for sharing. It was encouraging to read your post and be reminded that I need to turn to the Lord to make sure I have the right attitude...especially when they wake up early!