About Me

My photo
Ontario, Ca
Shane and I just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary in August! We have a 6 year old son, Josiah, a 3 1/2 year old daughter, Meghan and an 8 month old daughter, Aubrey. Our relationship with God drives how we live. We are so thankful for all He provides for us & continues to grow in us daily.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Meghan Joy Washam

On January 16th @ 2:05pm Shane and I welcomed Meghan into our lives! She was 8 lbs 2 oz & 20" long. We were scheduled for a repeat c-section for 9am, but kept getting pushed backed due to emergencies occurring. So around 1:30pm I was finally taken in to begin the process. I was given the 'spinal' (ouch!!!), then tested to make sure I was really numb! Shane was brought in a few minutes later. I laid there talking to Shane and waiting to hear our daughter cry. It was an amazing moment. I heard her strong lungs & I began to cry. She was finally here! They cleaned her up a little & brought her to Shane to hold for the first time. I cried even more as I saw my baby girl & was able to kiss her beautiful face. She was screaming for about 2 minutes as they cleaned her up. As soon as they brought her to me & our faces touched, as I gave her kisses, she stopped crying! That was precious. Meghan & Shane went in to the recovery room while they finished sewing me up. A few minutes later I was able to hold Meghan in my arms! The feeling was indescribable.

Josiah was able to finally hold his baby sister today. We had to keep him away from us because he got sick the day of her birth. What a sweet moment when he held her smiling so big & giving her kisses.
Shane and I are so excited to have Meghan here! Shane has been an amazing help as I can't do too many things yet. I love when he calls her cute names: "girlie", "darling", "baby girl". He is already so protective of his daughter :)! We are grateful to God for a successful surgery with no complications & a wonderful recovery. We are thankful for our healthy daughter & our wonderful son.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D so happy for you!

Shannon said...

YEAH!!! Too precious!

Cope Family said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! I am looking forward to Carson holding our new baby girl just like Josiah. :-)I am glad everything went so smoothly!! I hope it continues...

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! She's beautiful;)

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful Cindi Dawn! Congratulations! I will pray the Lord blesses you with an extra measure of strength over the next few weeks.

Marcella said...

Congratulations! SO happy for you!

joy said...

Congrats on your new girl!! I was doing some family research and came across your blog. My name is Joy Liane (Washam) Havlin and I live in Tennessee. I just wanted to let you know that I am excited to know there is another JOY WASHAM in the world! Here I was thinking I was unique, haha. May she have a blessed life that lets her live up to her namesake! God bless ya'll and I will be thinking of you.