About Me

My photo
Ontario, Ca
Shane and I just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary in August! We have a 6 year old son, Josiah, a 3 1/2 year old daughter, Meghan and an 8 month old daughter, Aubrey. Our relationship with God drives how we live. We are so thankful for all He provides for us & continues to grow in us daily.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

5 weeks to go!

I'm 35 weeks along now! Here is a picture of me at 34 weeks. It's weird to watch your body keep getting bigger! The pregnancy has been great, but is getting harder. I got back from the Dr's office today & I have to start 'stress tests' twice a week on top of my regular weekly visit with my obgyn. So, twice a week I have to drive 45 minutes to the Dr's & the other day I have to drive 30 minutes. I'm not looking forward to this! I feel overwhelmed that I have to find a babysitter for Josiah 3 times a week. We still have the big decision of deciding between a c-section or vbac. The Dr. said I have to have an answer in two weeks. So, Shane and I are continuing to pray about this. I've been nervous about making the decision since before I even got pregnant again. There are risks either way, so it makes it hard to decide. One thing we have prayed for since the beginning is that God would help us decide. I honestly am not leaning either way at the moment. Sometimes I think 'lets just do a c-section', but we're not done having kids & how many times do I really want to be cut open? Other times I think 'I'll try a natural birth', but there's still that risk of a uterin rupture. So, I really am torn. I pray that God helps us decide that in the next two weeks & continues to carry me & the baby in His arms. We pray for a healthy labor/delivery for both Meghan & I. I do love feeling her move around. I love going in her nursery & picturing her lying in her crib all little & cuddley! I love how into his baby daughter Shane already is. I am so thankful to God for a healthy pregnancy. Please pray with us for the decision we have to make & that God keeps us both safe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look BEAUTIFUL!
It is amazing to look at pictures and see how much our bodies morph!
You're almost done girl!

As for the NSTs, been there, done that--- pain to go in that often, but at least you get to see her a ton!

As for Josiah, I bet I could watch him for you. I'm done teaching now, and him and Jo could just hang out and play...

The Washams said...

Glad to hear the NSTs are no big deal. Guess I'll bring a book (heard they're about 20 min). Thanks for being availableto watch Josiah. I'll let you know when I need you. Some ladies from church are able to watch him too, so I'm trying to make a schedule.

Anonymous said...

The NSTs make the weeks go by faster too!
Could you schedule your Dr. appt the same day as the NST (are they in the same area?) that way you'd only have to drive out 2x...
Why are they making you do the NSTs?
With Jo, they thought I had low fluid so they started monitoring me... and then he had a few heart decelerations during the NSTs in the last week... it turned out he had his cord around his next 3x! But all turned out ok.

The Washams said...

The nst's are in Anaheim & the normal apt's are in Brea. They're having me do the tests due to my hcg level coming back a little how a few months ago. They're monitoring her size, fluid, etc. I think we're leaning towards a c-section again, so I may have less time to go than I thought :)!

Cope Family said...

Congratulations on your little girl coming soon!! It sounds like our girls may only be a couple of weeks apart. Greg and I look forward to meeting Cassidy and watching Carson be a big brother as I am sure you feel the same with Josiah. It was good to hear from you. Merry Christmas!!