About Me

My photo
Ontario, Ca
Shane and I just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary in August! We have a 6 year old son, Josiah, a 3 1/2 year old daughter, Meghan and an 8 month old daughter, Aubrey. Our relationship with God drives how we live. We are so thankful for all He provides for us & continues to grow in us daily.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

'Are you kidding me? We're having a GIRL?'

We went three days ago to find out if our baby was a boy or girl. I laid there as the ultrasound technician took the sonogram of mine & the babies organs. I wasn't allowed to see the screen yet, so there I laid staring at the ceiling for about 30 minutes. I was praying that God would allow us to get a good look at the babies 'parts' :).

I was preparing myself for her saying 'It's a boy'! Almost all of our friends & family guessed we were having a boy; so I begin to tell myself that as well. The thought of having another boy was actually great. I knew Josiah would have so much fun with a brother; being able to jump off things, crash toy cars & play sports. So I knew I would be excited about a boy as well, if that was the outcome. I didn't realize how much I wanted a girl until people would tell me they thought it was a boy. Something inside of me got irritated a little bit; that's when I knew what my hope was.
So the exam of all my organs was over & I was finally allowed to bring Shane in. The first thing the technician asked us was if we wanted to find out the sex. Of course we said 'Yes'. She went right to that part of the baby & instantly we couldn't see anything in between the legs. We both were thinking in our heads, 'there's nothing in between'!!! I kept waiting for a different angle so I would see the boy part, but it never appeared! She said 'I think it's a girl' (they're not allowed to say 100%). I looked at Shane and said 'Are you kidding me? We're having a GIRL!?' :). We both smiled so big & he said 'I told you'. (He thought it was a girl).I couldn't stop giggling & smiling the rest of the exam. It was so fun to say 'Look at HER arm' or 'SHE'S kicking me' :).
Thank you, God for our little girl. We're so excited to meet her!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Welcome to blogger-ville! :)

I'm so excited for you to have a girl!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Cindi Dawn!!!! Hey, I just remembered that your middle name was Dawn even as I was typing it. That's kind of funny (mine is Dawn too which you probably remember). Anyway congrats on the baby girl. They are harder to change but other than that you can't tell much difference until they start picking out the frillier toys. My Semmi-girl is definitely my little princess. Welcome to the wide world of blogging!

Josh & Kristin said...

Congrats on the exciting news! We really need to hang out with you guys again soon! We just added you to our friends on our blog site. Love you guys!
Josh & kris

Unknown said...

cindi cook;) how is my long lost roomie? congrats on your sweet family. yeah for a girl! they're fun!

-jess