About Me

My photo
Ontario, Ca
Shane and I just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary in August! We have a 6 year old son, Josiah, a 3 1/2 year old daughter, Meghan and an 8 month old daughter, Aubrey. Our relationship with God drives how we live. We are so thankful for all He provides for us & continues to grow in us daily.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Meghan's 1st Birthday!

On January 16th, Meghan turned 1!!! The year went by way too fast. I remember back to the day of her arrival. I was laying in a room waiting to go in for my c-section. Shane had given me his ipod to listen to music & try to relax, as I was very nervous. I layed there crying for a few reasons...I was sad that it was my last few moments being pregnant. I loved being pregnant & feeling Meghan move inside of me. Another reason for the tears was fear. I was nervous about the giant needle going in my back & was praying that Meghan and I would be okay.

At 2:05pm I heard the most beautiful cry. My daughter was here!
She cried a lot while they cleaned her up. Then they brought her to me so I could see her for a few minutes. As soon as my lips touched her cheek when I gave her her first kiss, she stopped crying. She knew me already :).
Then about an hour later, she was placed in my arms. Tears began again as I held my baby girl. She was beautiful!
I'd always wanted a daughter but really wasn't sure if God would choose to give me one. I had set my heart to being fine with all boys. Then, the ultrasound day arrived & much to my surprise (and extreme happiness), the ultrasound technician said 'It's a Girl'!

And now, that girl celebrated her 1st Birthday!

Her Birthday was a lot of fun. Shane, Josiah & I went into her room when she woke up that morning & sang her 'Happy Birthday'. We gave her the presents we got her & the started getting ready for her party.

We had our families over & a few friends for teh big day. Our home was filled with pink, purple & green balloons, flowers & banners. Josiah loved it!

The guests arrived & we got started with a few games for the kids...pin the cupcake in the little girl's hand, baby bottle bowling & beanbag toss. Trying to get around 10 kids to patiently await their turn was very challenging :).

Then came Meghan's first taste of cake. She gently stuck her fingers in the icing & tasted it. I could tell she liked it. I then put some of the chocolate cake on her hand & let her eat that. She definitely likes cake :). She was pretty dainty about the whole thing; didn't go crazy, although she still managed to get very messy.

A few minutes later, Meghan opened her presents. She had fun opening her toys and began playing with them right away.

It was a very memorable day.

Some things I love about her:

*how she darts for the stairs as soon as she sees the gate is not up

*that she lights up when Daddy comes home

*she wants whatever we're eating

*her smile & cute laugh

*how she stands up whenever I put her in a cart or high-chair

*how she plays so independantly with toys

*that she gives her babies kisses & feeds them a bottle

*her beautiful blue eyes & gorgeous blonde hair

*how she likes to help me push the shopping cart

*she recognizes her big brother & says 'Bubba'

*when I say, 'Can I have a kiss?', she leans in & lets me kiss her

*how she knows how to hold her bottle but would rather me do it for her

*her way of playing is dumping things out & putting them back into a bucket

*she laughs so hard when you chase her

*she can give high-five's (that of course, Daddy taught her)

What a wonderful 1st year we've had with Meghan. We're so grateful for her & the joy she has brought to our lives.

Happy 1st Birthday, Meghan Joy! Shane and Meghan when she was born!Shane and Meghan on her 1st Birthday!Meghan and I when she was born!Meghan and I on her 1st Birthday!Getting ready to eat her first cake ever!She definitely liked it!She was such a cutie!

Josiah enjoying helping Meghan with her presents!

She loves this toy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It really is amazing when you look back how quickly time has gone, but also how much these girls of ours have grown & learned!
Beautiful post Cindi :)

Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Meghan!